I've noticed an increasing amount of crashes when playing with the mod, which seemed to occur when loading savegames.
I quickly figured out that the problem was actually switching theaters. Since the game specifically loads icons into memory at the moment a new theater is loaded, it probably had problems with the large amount of icons of the mod that aren't in the theater icon mixfiles where they're supposed to be.
However, since the modding system of 1.06c has all the possibilities of the language system, I have now simply made the mod load ????star.mix as replacements of ???icnh.mix, meaning that just like the language packs, the mod now loads its icons the normal way. This means the mod now includes desestar.mix, snowstar.mix, tempstar.mix and wintstar.mix instead of one single staricon.mix file.
I've released the new version, v2.1. You can get it from the downloads page.
In related news, I've updated all images in the Mod info section, replacing the blurry JPEG images with new crispy PNGs. The JPEG blurring was especially noticeable on the images of infantry and small units. I made all-new ingame previews now, for all of them.
The site is now officially opened to the public! Many thanks to Banshee for providing me with the domain.
You can go to the downloads section to get the 2.0 version of the mod. The filename says "cnc2sw_106c", but that's because it requires the 1.06c patch for C&C95 to run. I might change that filename later.
Note that after the release of 1.06c a few very nasty bugs turned up that made me decide to release a hotfix to get rid of the bug, rather than take the time to release a full new version. Until I release that full patch version (which will be 1.06c Revision 2), be sure to first install the patch, and then add the hotfix, as indicated on the website.
Oh, here's a little present to start with: the new version of the mod, played online with CnCNet, in high resolution:
Well, looks like the site is all set up on PPM!
Mind your step though. Tons of links are still broken in this, since I'm only now completing a conversion from HTML to PHP I started years back when the site was hosted on Planet C&C.